ReadyAI Launches First Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience
By: Rooz Aliabadi
PITTSBURGH APRIL 08, 2019
ReadyAI, the first teacher-friendly K-12 Artificial Intelligence (AI) education company, today announced the launch of its Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience for camp organizers around the world. Designed to put the student in the center of the AI learning process, the program is designed for learners of all experience levels and abilities. ReadyAI provides the curriculum, hardware, and software that camp organizers need to coach students on practically using AI to address real-world needs. ReadyAI’s Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience enables camp organizers to provide the latest in STEAM and project-based AI education, teaching six key concepts of AI, including visual recognition, facial recognition, object manipulation, landmark-based navigation, speech generation, and speech recognition.
ReadyAI’s curricula have been in use at hundreds of community organizations and school systems throughout the world. ReadyAI’s Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience is currently being implemented in the United States, China, Saudi Arabia, among other countries.
“Over the past six months, ReadyAI has given the children at Western Pennsylvania Boys and Girls Club the opportunity to learn and understand the technologies that they experience in their everyday lives,” said Christine Nguyen, Director of the STEM Boys and Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania. “Exposing them to these incredible programming and creative experiences today will encourage them to become the scientists that create tomorrow.”
“AI in K-12 is an excellent opportunity to teach youth early fundamentals of coding, design and the evolution of robotics,” said James Carter, an early childhood educator at both the Jewish Community Center and the Boys & Girls Club. “It also can be a stepping stone for our future engineers and other career paths. What made me recognize and follow the path to becoming one of the first ReadyAI instructors was being able to do something I love in science and technology, as well as the opportunity to teach children how to grasp the future by learning AI ideas and curriculum.”
ReadyAI’s Hands-on AI Summer Camp Program includes everything camps need to get started, including resources and training for teachers, coaches, and camp counselors to assist students in demonstrating their practical knowledge of key AI concepts.
“From intelligent assistants to self-driving cars, Artificial Intelligence technologies are reshaping our world,” said David Touretzky, ReadyAI advisory board member and Research Professor in the Computer Science Department and the Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition at Carnegie Mellon University. “The general public is both thrilled and terrified. Teaching kids about AI is as important today as teaching them about electricity was in the previous century.”
“ReadyAI’s Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience, including the teacher-friendly curriculum, focuses on real AI learning experiences guiding students to demonstrate the six most important concepts through the use of an AI-powered robot,” said Andrew Chen, President, ReadyAI. “We have conducted pilots and seen proven results in more than 100 school systems and organizations around the world.” ReadyAI’s Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience provides an out-of-the-box ready program for camp organizers and coaches, emphasizes project-based-learning, and assists students in quickly gaining experience with practical AI skills.
To learn more about ReadyAI and the Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience, please visit http://www.readyai.org/summer-camp.
ReadyAI’s Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience
ReadyAI’s Real Hands-on AI Summer Camp Experience is the first comprehensive AI education solution for K-12 to offer everything that a teacher needs to instruct all students on how to apply the key concepts of artificial intelligence to real-world situations. The program empowers camp organizers and coaches to provide STEAM project-based AI learning and includes the curriculum, hardware, software, professional development, student AI passports, and priority seating in regional AI competitions in advance of the annual World AI Competition for Youth (WAICY™). ReadyAI is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Ages: 6-17
- Skill Level: All levels. No prior coding, robotics, or AI skills needed.
- Path: Project-based learning
- Prerequisite: No prior STEM experience is required. Have fun and learn about AI!
- Hardware: ReadyAI will provide a free AI-in-a-Box to each group (limited time offer, terms and conditions apply).
In this course, your students will:
- Experience STEAM-Powered AI Programming
- Emphasizing both STEM education and the non-technical components of learning such as collaboration, teamwork, problem-solving, performing arts, and multimedia presentations
- Learn Six AI Concepts:
- Facial Recognition + Visual Recognition + Object Manipulation + Landmark-based Navigation + Speech Generation + Speech Recognition
- Engage in Project-Based Learning
- Bring ideas to life! ReadyAI’s curriculum sparks curiosity, builds confidence, and fosters teamwork.
- Positively Impact Society
- Create projects that use AI to help address society’s greatest needs in healthcare, transportation, public safety, and many more areas.
- Share a Vision of a Better World
- Students will be able to participate in WAICY 2019 which will take place on July 27th, 2019 in Pittsburgh, PA.
With this course, your students receive:
- A Free AI-in-a-Box (Terms and Conditions Apply) for camp teams (5 students/team).
- A Platform for Students to Share their AI-powered Learning
- An AI Profile
- A Virtual AI Passport
- Access to the Global Community of AI Learners
ReadyAI is the first teacher-friendly K-12 AI education company to create a comprehensive, out of the box solution for K-12 students. ReadyAI empowers K-12 teachers to educate students on the key concepts of AI by using its unique and proven project-based learning curriculum. ReadyAI is a wholly-owned division of WholeRen Group.